AL Film: Auteur Presentation Feedback

AL Film: Auteur Presentation Feedback

I created a presentation about Quentin Tarantino. In it, I discussed what the auteur theory is, information about the director himself, screenshots from his films and video clips from memorable films Tarantino has made. Although I showed that I focused on three of his films, I did not go into depth about them, and I didn't link the films back to the auteur theory. Going to Ellie's feedback on my presentation, I did however teach her that auteur's use similar themes throughout all of their films and so this allows the auteur to be easily recognized from their, for example, cinematography or themes. I also taught her that Tarantino receives a lot of backlash from people due to the graphic violence in his films. I think the visuals of my presentation were very good, in terms of the layout and also how I presented the video clips and screen caps. There was one slight problem with the video clip for 'Django Unchained' however, as the video clip would not load on the powerpoint, so in future I should check everything is working in advance. In addition, I did add 'The Trunk Shot' into my presentation, which I heard that a lot of people had left out; the trunk shot is a key feature and easy to recognize that it's a Tarantino film. In the future, I should use more film language and also explain the auteur theory in more depth and reference to Tarantino's films; e.g. how each film I chose links into the theory and how you can tell it's a Tarantino film.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

'Crimson Peak' Clip Analysis

Sound - Zodiac Scene